· Custom training for food safety, labeling and import/export
· Labeling and specification outsourcing
· Ingredient statement development, label claims review, and graphics review
· Nutritional Calculations and Labeling
· Compliance with USDA and FDA regulations
· Child Nutrition (CN) labeling and Partial Quality Control (PQC) programs
· Import and export regulations reviews
· Policy and Procedure development and training
· Export Verification (EV) program development, training and maintenance
· Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) program development
· HACCP plan updates and implementation
· Preventative control evaluation
· Conduct plant and supplier audits
· Establish auditing forms and schedules
· In-depth plant food safety reviews
· Create and evaluate traceability systems
· Recall assistance
· Mock recall execution
Michelle Wright is an independent consultant working in food regulatory and labeling. She has worked extensively with USDA and FDA product labeling, nutrition issues and claims. Recently she has done training for companies both large and small on the 2016 nutrition labeling changes. Some of Michelle’s accomplishments include deciphering Kosher programs, educating companies on import and export procedures, implementing an import system for plants in both Mexico and Canada, developing a policies and procedure management system, and creating response letters for both suppliers and customers. Child Nutrition labeling and the required partial quality control (PQC) program development for numerous plants and products was also part of Michelle’s work. When she is not consulting she is a lecturer at Johns Hopkins University where Michelle teaches the Food Labeling and Packaging Regulations and the Food Import and Export classes. Michelle has a Masters in Family and Consumer Sciences and a BS in Consumer Food Science both from Iowa State University. .
Julie Neuhalfen is a results oriented quality professional with approximately 25 years of food safety and quality experience. Her background includes both USDA and FDA manufacturing experience, as well as time in the corporate environment. Highlights of Julie’s accomplishments are development of integration plan to merge in excess of 5,000 ingredient specifications during an18 month acquisition plan. Additionally, she has developed and executed a supplier verification program for over 3,000 suppliers. Julie is an effective team builder with proven track record at building highly cohesive and successful teams. She managed and developed a cohesive team of quality professionals that administered ingredient specifications for 60 manufacturing facilities and built relationships with outside supplier and customers to strengthen quality programs and to elevate food safety standards. She is a seasoned customer facing expert having built and managed a robust Customer Quality program for the ConAgra Foodservice Company. In addition, Julie’s has solid experience in programs and procedures development and implementation. She is your answer for building any needed programs from Farm to Fork and for solving any complex issues at your manufacturing facilities or customers.
Julie attended the University of Missouri Columbia and holds a Bachelor’s of Science in Food Science and Nutrition – Business. She is also PCQI certified and holds certification in the Produce Safety Rule. Julie currently works as a food safety consultant with Michelle Wright Consulting, LLC.